Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Kid dies during eating contest

A 23-year-old Taiwanese student died during an eating contest after a bout of “relentless” vomiting, reports Scientific American. It’s probably not the amount of food (two rice and cheese-filled steamed buns and “some of his teammates’ food”), but how fast he ate, said a school official.

The student, identified only as “Chen”, was the fifth person known to have died in an eating competition. Typically, competitors die from choking, not stomach ruptures as you might expect.

No comments:

Pound360 Archive

About Me

My photo
I started pound360 to channel my obsession with vitamins, running and the five senses. Eventually, I got bored focusing on all that stuff, so I came back from a one month hiatus in May of 2007 (one year after launching Pound360) and broadened my mumblings here to include all science.